Initiating a date night
Are there any specific requirements for a date night? Not at all! You can be all decked up for it in your best evening wear or you could be relaxed in a pair of pajamas. The activity could be as mundane as doing household chores together. The basic idea is to be in a relaxed mood so that you both can have fun while re-bonding. Pick activities that both of you will enjoy. And most importantly, put in your best effort to make it successful.
Some fun activities for date nights
- Despite couples having been in a relationship for long, every day one can get to know something nice about their partner. Some of the things that you can try are:
- Go for a long drive with your partner. Put on some romantic music or a song that you feel best describes you as a couple or your special moments together. If you live by the beach or mountain, do go there to watch the sun set.
- Have a candlelight dinner at home or at a restaurant. Cook for your partner something that he or she loves and share stories about your life over a glass of red wine.
- Take a bubble bath together. Nothing works better than the bubbles to relax your body and mood. You could even try reading a book while taking a bubble bath.
- Try doing something whacky like going for a hot air balloon ride or ride a couples' bicycle or go hiking. Even rowing is a good option. It not only helps to keep you fit but also gives you moments of togetherness to remember.
- Take a class together like a pottery class or salsa class or music lessons or improvisation class. Even joining a sign language programme is great as it helps to increase your understanding.
- Go back to your childhood, have a water fight using water balloons and water guns. It's a very youthful activity that is bound to bring out that zing in your relationship.
- Play your favorite board game or card game. It's easy and cheap and something that you can do at home.
Check Out Useful Recommendations
- Anniversary Surprise Box: One of the best Romantic Gifts
- Intimacy Deck by BestSelf - 150 Engaging Conversation Starters for Couples
- Romance-in-a-Box Romantic Gift Box
- That's What She Said Game - Second Expansion
- Touch & Tell - Conversation and Connection for Couples Card Game